So you are either curious about tattoos or maybe getting your first tattoo? Before you get your tattoos, do some research. Luckily for you we did it for you. Obviously do more research, but this will help familiar yourself with tattoos.
Note: This will be an ongoing post and will be edited when more and more information comes in.
1. Tattoos do hurt. Unless you get a sleeve, prepare to feel some kind of pain. Or if you get a temporary tattoo (like a Henna tattoo or getting airbrushed.) then it won’t hurt.
2. Tattoo’s are somewhat permanent. So think hard about it before getting one done. Think about the future and if it will affect getting a job in the future or your current job. Almost a 5th of people in the USA regret getting one done.
3. If you do get one removed it can be a painful process. We wrote an article about removing tattoos here. (How To: Remove Tattoos. We All Made Mistakes)
4. Tattoos are awesome! You can express yourself through art and lets be honest, they look pretty cool. That’s why we got them, right?
5. A survey taken in 2006 has shown that around 36 % of Americans have at least 1 tattoo from the ages 16 to 25.
6. Same survey showed that about 40 % also have 1 tattoo between 26 and 40 years old!
7. Make sure you research the tattoo shop you are getting your ink done at. Its best if you know someone that has a tattoo and ask them where they got theirs done at. You don’t want to get a tat done somewhere random.
8. Tattoos take 1-3 weeks to heal but it really depends on the person and where the tattoo is placed. Certain parts of the body may take longer to heal. Some people might be quicker to heal and other might take longer. Don’t pick your scabs or it will take so much longer.
9. You will get scabs. Don’t pick them, they will fall off on their own.
10. After getting a tattoo done, ask the artist what you should do to make sure it doesn’t get infected.
11. There are four basic steps to getting a tattoo done. Outlining/tracing the design. Shading the design. Coloring the design. Then cleaning/bandaging the tattoo.
12. Tattoos are expensive so be prepared to throw some money at it. Don’t be cheap either. If you pay cheap, you will get cheap work done.
More information will be added over time. If you have any questions, leave your comments below and we will answer them and add more facts.